Sunday 19 June 2011

Update time: Khuma's stuff

Hi folks, 


First of all wishing all the Dads out there a Happy Father's day!


Just a short one from me today. I uploaded a few videos that I've been working on, onto my youtube channel recently. Mainly stuff that I've been working on with Khuma. Those of you who read my previous posts will know that I've been working on toy training with her. Initially she didn't really have any interest in toys. Occasionally she'd pick one up but would drop it almost immediately, bored. We did some work with a tugenuff food bag, which basically consisted of shaping the typical behaviours that we see in toy motivated dogs. I taught her to touch and the mouth a toy, then we taught her a send away to nose touch, then mouth the toy and eventually shaped a chase and retrieve type behaviour. I've been working recently on generalizing her newfound interest in the foodbag. Her latest favourite toy is a holleeball and I managed capture some ball play from a walk on camera:
Creating the toy addict!


The aim is to get her playing sheepballs or similar, as these clicker games with toys seem to be tapping into the "inner collie". She's showing a little bit of "eye" behaviour now, whereas before she showed virtually none. 


Similarly I've also been doing some BAT work with her on walks. I need to set up some "formal" sessions with controlled variables in addition to stuff on walks. I'm finding that on walks, it's harder to be strict with yourself and just work on one variable, i.e. distance rather than distance AND movement. All handler error as always :D
BAT Training Session 1 


Having a nice chilled day with the dawgs today. We'll probably do some weave work later with both, so I'll try and get some stuff on film. 


Happy clicking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment